Thursday, August 9, 2012

stack of papers on my desk...

Every day, I face a mountain of papers on our never-used as a dining table desk. It's amazing how much paperwork is involved in trying to live a simple life. Applications for preschools, tax things, bills and then the adoption work. Each day I try to fill in some of the adoption paperwork as that is the most important. But you still have to pay bills, and attend to everything that is life. It feels like managing the paper in life in and of itself is a full time preoccupation. People ask me what I do. I am not sure. I prepare the most nutritious meals I can. I clean the house. I do some work. I deal with the paperwork. And I spend time with Sofi darling. The day is full. It feels like I can never get through enough. I am in awe of those single mums who go out and work a full job out of the office. It's great. And it's relentless. To bed. Tomorrow will be another good day. And I have to complete the application to Journeys of the Heart so they can liaise with our Home Study agency Premier Adoption so that we can be declared fit to go in search of Tara. Sofi can't say it very well, but she is looking forward to a sister. She says she will be called "Nala". Simba's pal from the Lion King, one of the stories that she likes. But Sofi doesn't like the uncle scar "cos he not nice".

No comments:

Post a Comment