Saturday, October 30, 2010

de-lousing time!

Finally, Sofi is home with me full time. Sadly, the poor thing has a severe chest congestion and sounds like darth vadar so neither of us is sleeping much yet. It's no fun taking lots of medicine and supplements and both of us neing inaugurated to a nebulizer. She is not eating much either.
It has been 2 whole days Sofi has not been to the ashram and I think she is fine on the whole, but she is no doubt missing all the fun and commotion of all the kids being around. It's pretty quiet at our house. Thank goodness we have 2 big dogs to keep her amused. We went back to the ashram today to try to work on her papers, to be given the run around again, more delays, but she had fun playing with her friends. She was happy to go there, but also happy to leave. We also went to the park and she rode on a slide for the 1st time and liked it. Then she got sleepy so it's home and now a nap.
Scary thing tho is that since she has been home, I noticed she was itching her head alot. She did this when I first met her, leading to her 1st home made haircut to remove the lice eggs. I have been keeping it short as alot of the kids are heavily infested with lice and they hug and kiss her alot. Today, I sadly saw the 1st actual lice in Sofi's hair while we were at the ashram. So, out it was with the lice comb and 15 critters later, we think we made some headway on the problem. Poor thing.It will be daily delousing sessions and time to remove the eggs too. Maybe time for another crew cut!
I was getting paranoid every time my scalp itches. Yuck, but I found for the 1st time ever, I too have lice!!! It was bound to happen with Sofi and alot of the kids having it, especially since they love to hug me and their heads were often right up against mine. So, the little critters jumped ship. I had also been keeping my hair short to avoid this, but it happened anyway.
It's not the fault of this children, the places they come from and the ashram too are an envionment where it is hard to keep away from it.  Also, no one takes it too seriously so it just persists and new kids arrive with it, old kids pass it on, and so it goes.
There are soo many issues for Sofi to deal with and yet she is pretty happy and outgoing despite it all.
#

No comments:

Post a Comment